Elizabeth baked some delicious vegan cake for our daily Math Department tea, so I had to get the recipe from her. Enjoy!
3/4 cup margarine, room temperature
2 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 Tbsp Egg Replacer, mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup soy milk
1 1/3 cup self-rising flour (or 1 1/3 cup flour and 1 1/4 tsp baking powder)
2 large limes
1/4 cup sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. "Butter" and flour an 8x8 inch baking pan.
2) Cream the margarine with 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat in Egg Replacer mixture, then soymilk, then flour.
3) Scrape batter into a pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for about 35 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
4) While the cake is baking, grate 1 Tbsp lime peel and squeeze 1/4 cup lime juice. Mix peel, lime juice and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl and let rest.
5) When the cake is completely baked, poke lots of holes in it with a skewer. Spoon about half of the lime syrup over the cake and let cool.
6) Whist the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar into the remaining syrup. Drizzle over the cake. Let stand 1 hour, then cut into squares.
Do Air Purifiers Really Work?
2 months ago